Thursday, March 14, 2013

OUaT - The Miller's Daughter

kittenPAUSE

I had to say I was initially not all that pleased with hearing about Cora's back story on Once. What did I care what made this horrible woman as horrible as she is?

Of course all that changed the minute I realized Rose McGowan was playing young Cora.

Rose McGowan has been a favorite actress of mine since she was on Charmed and I was sneaking into my mom's sewing room late at night to watch the slightly racy show. She was as beautiful and excellent an actor then as she is now. So good, in fact, that it took me a moment to realized who young Cora was - her mouth is held in an entirely different way.

Aside from Rose, I enjoyed the spinning straw to gold story, looking forward for most of the episode to the moment when Cora would turn on Rumple, having learned his name. I found the alterations to the contract and her own removal of her heart to be well… fascinating.

And poor Regina… Well who thought I’d ever be saying that?

Thoughts on the last Once?

kittenPLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment